Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Intro.

My name and position in life, beyond being a Father, is not really that important, compared to the Children for whom I have given my life.
Once a person becomes a parent, whether Father or Mother, they become a memory for their Children to draw from, both positive AND negative, all of it is laid bare, and it should be, with the hope that those little ones grow to become bigger and better people than we are... We should never judge them, for them to become better than we, we should never be in a position to judge, but to guide... Even in our absence.

A friend and Teacher suggested that I put together my experiences for a book that might help others in similar situations to myself, but that never made any sense to me, why would I put it in book form that can only be found in a book store where people will likely just buy it to have it collect dust on a shelf??
Nothing is more important than the path of Fatherhood, whatever that may be, and no one can really put a price on it, let alone have it confined to a book store, a publisher, and a market.

For my part, all I can do is share my story and hope that maybe it has something to offer someone out there that might have some questions AND let my own Children know just what was going on at this point in time so that they might know some portion of the truth, whatever they decide that is.

Being a Father is a Rocky Road, and whether you are Irish like me or not, you can appreciate the bumps and bruises along the way...


No comments:

Post a Comment